Table of contents for Paranoia within reason : a casebook on conspiracy as explanation / George E. Marcus, editor.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Preface: A Reintroduction to the Series
Introduction to the Volume: The Paranoid Style Now
George E. Marcus
1. Conspiracy Theory's Worlds
2. Paranoid, Critical, Methodical: Dalí, Koolhaas, and . . .
I. Paranoia within Reason
3. The Extraterritoriality of Imre Lakatos: A Conversation with Janos Radvanyi
4. Entangled States: Quantum Teleportation and the "Willies"
5. The Detection and Attribution of Conspiracies: The Controversy Over Chapter 8
6. The New Alienists: Healing Shattered Selves at Century's End
Michael F. Brown
7. Due Diligence and the Pursuit of Transparency: The Securities and Exchange Commission, 1996
Kim and Michael Fortun
II. Paranoid Histories
8. The Usual Suspects
9. A Toast to Fear: Ethnographic Flashes and Two Quasi-Aphorisms
Luiz E. Soares
10. The Return of the Repressed: Conversations with Three Russian Entrepreneurs
11. Udbomafija and the Rhetoric of Conspiracy
III. Paranoid Presents
12. The Judas Kiss of Giulio Andreotti: Italy in Purgatorio
13. Tactical Thuggery: National Socialism in the East End of London
Douglas R. Holmes
14. Lone Gunmen: Legacies of the Gulf War, Illness, and Unseen Enemies
15. Deus Absconditus: Waco, Conspiracy (Theory), Millennialism, and (the End of) the Twentieth Century
James D. Faubion
16. An American Theme Park: Working and Riding Out Paranoia in the Late Twentieth Century
Scott A. Lukas
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: History Miscellanea, Conspiracies, Conspiracies Case studies