Table of contents for The conquest of cool : business culture, counterculture, and the rise of hip consumerism / Thomas Frank.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. A Cultural Perpetual Motion Machine: Management Theory and Consumer Revolution in the 1960s
2. Buttoned Down: High Modernism on Madison Avenue
3. Advertising as Cultural Criticism: Bill Bernbach versus the Mass Society
4. Three Rebels: Advertising Narratives of the Sixties
5. "How Do We Break These Conformists of Their Conformity?": Creativity Conquers All
6. Think Young: Youth Culture and Creativity
7. The Varieties of Hip: Advertisements of the 1960s
8. Carnival and Cola: Hip versus Square in the Cola Wars
9. Fashion and Flexibility
10. Hip and Obsolescence
11. Hip as Official Capitalist Style
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Marketing United States History 20th century, Advertising United States History 20th century, Advertising and youth United States History 20th century, Consumer behavior United States History 20th century, United States Social conditions 1960-1980, United States Social conditions 1980-Subculture United States