Table of contents for Megawatts and megatons : the future of nuclear power and nuclear weapons / Richard L. Garwin & Georges Charpak.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
An Optional Review of Units and Dimensions
A Fable for Young Readers (and whimsical elders)
1. All Energy Stems from the Same Source
2. The Nuclear Chain Reaction
3. Nuclear Weapons
4. Natural Radiation and Living Things
5. The Civilian Use of Nuclear Energy
6. A Glimpse of the Future of Nuclear Power
7. Safety, Nuclear Accidents, and Industrial Hazards
8. Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions
9. Comparing Hazards of Nuclear Power and Other Energy
10. Making Best Use of Scientists
11. From Arms Race to Arms Control
12. Current Nuclear Threats to Security
13. Can We Red the World of Nuclear Weapons?
14. A Turning Point in the Nuclear Age?
For Further Reading
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Nuclear energy, Nuclear industry, Nuclear arms control