Table of contents for The tyranny of good intentions : how prosecutors and bureaucrats are trampling the constitution in the name of justice / Paul Craig Roberts, Lawrence M. Stratton.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Introduction: The New Robber Barons
1. The Law as Shield: The Rights of Englishmen
2. The Law as Weapon: The Trial of Nikolai Bukharin
3. How the Law Was Lost
4. Crimes Without Intent
5. Retroactive Law
6. Reinventing Torture
7. Turning Lawyers into Government Spies: The Demise of the Attorney-Client Privilege
8. Privilege Trumping Rights
9. Forfeiting Justice
10. Ambition over Justice
11. Abdicating Legislative Power
12. What Is to Be Done?
About the Authors
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Law reform United States, Justice, Administration of United States, Political corruption United States