Table of contents for Stability and complexity in model ecosystems / with a new introduction by the author, Robert M. May.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Preface to the Second Edition
1. Intoduction 3
2. Mathematical Models and Stability 13
3. Stability versus Complexity in Multispecies Models
4. Models with Few Species: Limit Cycles and Time Delays 79
5. Randomly Fluctuating Environments 109
6. Niche Overlap and Limiting Similarity 139
7. Speculations 172
Afterthoughts for the Second Edition 211
Bibliography to Afterthoghts 234
Author Index 259
Subject Index 263
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Ecology Mathematical models, Animal populations Mathematical models, Stability