Table of contents for Persuasive communication / James B. Stiff.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
PART I: FUNDAMENTAL ISSUES IN PERSUASION RESEARCH.
1. Concepts, Definitions, and Basic Distinctions.
2. Investigating Persuasive Communication.
3. Examining the Attitude-Behavior Relationship.
4. The Effects of Behavior on Attitudes.
PART II: COMPONENTS OF PERSUASIVE TRANSACTION
5. Source Characteristics in Persuasive Communication.
6. Persuasive Message Characteristics.
7. Receiver Characteristics.
8. Characteristics of Persuasive Settings.
PART III: PERSUASION MODELS.
9. Cognitive Models of Persuasion.
10. Models of Interpersonal Compliance.
11. Models of Mass Media Influence.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: