Table of contents for Clinical work with substance-abusing clients / edited by Shulamith Lala Ashenberg Straussner.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
I. AN INTRODUCTION TO CLINICAL PRACTICE WITH SUBSTANCE-ABUSING CLIENTS.
1. Assessment and Treatment of Clients with Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Problems, Straussner.
II. ISSUES IN ASSESSMENT AND INTERVENTION WITH SUBSTANCE ABUSERS IN VARIOUS SETTINGS.
2. Issues in Assessment and Intervention in Medical Facilities, Silverman.
3. Assessment and Intervention in Psychiatric Settings, Orlin & Davis.
4. Alcohol and Drugs in the Workplace, Barabander.
5. The Treatment of Addictive Disorders in a Private Clinical Setting, Gordon.
III. INTERVENTION WITH SUBSTANCE ABUSERS IN SPECIALIZED FACILITIES.
6. The Process of Intervention, Casolaro & Smith.
7. Alcoholism Treatment Facilities, O'Dwyer.
8. Methadone Maintenance in the Treatment of Addiction, Friedman.
9. 12-Step Programs as a Treatment Modality, Spiegel.
IV. ASSESSMENT AND INTERVENTION WITH FAMILIES OF SUBSTANCE ABUSERS.
10. Family Treatment of Substance Abuse, McIntyre.
11. Treating the Partners of Substance Abusers, Zelvin.
12. Dynamics and Treatment Issues with Children of Drug and Alcohol Abusers, Markowitz.
V. SPECIAL ISSUES AND SPECIAL POPULATIONS.
13. Treating the Adolescent Substance Abuser, Feigelman.
14. Issues in Assessment and Intervention with Alcohol- and Drug-Abusing Women, Pape.
15. The Borderline Substance Abuser, Goldstein.
16. Substance Abuse Among the Homeless, Schleffer.
17. Assessment and Treatment of Cocaine and Other Stimulant Dependence, Ockert & Baier.
18. AIDS and Intravenous Drug Users, Strom.
19. Relapse Prevention, Gray.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Substance abuse Treatment, Social work with alcoholics, Social work with narcotics addicts, Social Work United States, Substance Abuse therapy, Substance Dependence therapy