Table of contents for The bipolar disorder survival guide : what you and your family need to know / David J. Miklowitz.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
I. The Diagnosis and Course of Bipolar Disorder
1. Why Do I Need This Book?
2. What Bipolar Disorder Looks Like--to You, to the Doctors, and to Everyone Else
3. Into the Doctor's Court: What to Expect from the Diagnostic Process
4. Is It an Illness or Is It Me?: Tips on Coping with the Diagnosis
II. Causes and Treatments
5. Where Does Bipolar Disorder Come From?: Genetics, Biology, and Stress
6. What Can Medication and Psychotherapy Do for Me?
7. Coming to Terms with Your Medication
8. How Can I Manage My Disorder?: Practical Ways to Maintain Wellness
9. What Can I Do If I Think I'm Getting Manic?
10. What Can I Do If I Think I'm Getting Depressed?
11. Dealing with Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings
12. Coping Effectively in Family and Work Settings
Resources for People with Bipolar Disorder
Self-Rated Mood Chart
Self-Rated Social Rhythm Chart
About the Author
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Manic-depressive illness Popular works