Table of contents for Gender, theatre, and the origins of criticism from Dryden to Manley / by Marcie Frank.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Introduction: the critical stage
1. 'Equal to ourselves': John Dryden's national literary history
2. Staging criticism, staging Milton: John Dryden's The State of Innocence
3. Imitating Shakespeare: gender and criticism
4. The female playwright and the city lady
5. Scandals of a female nature
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Criticism Great Britain History 18th century, Manley, Mrs, (Mary de la Riviere), 1663-1724 Knowledge Literature, English literature History and criticism Theory, etc, Criticism Great Britain History 17th century, Dryden, John, 1631-1700 Knowledge Literature, English drama History and criticism Theory, etc, Dryden, John, 1631-1700 Influence, Sex role in literature, Sex in literature