Business History Resources
Bibliography in Chapter 10, "Business and Employment records,"
by Kory L. Meyerink,
The Source : a guidebook of American genealogy / edited by Arlene Eakle and Johni Cerny. Published: Salt Lake City, Utah : Ancestry Pub. Co., 1984.
| Table of Contents
- Research and Finding Aids
- Brownstone, David M., and Gordon Carruth, Where to Find Business Information.
- New York: John Wiley and Sons, 1979.
- Cochrane, Thomas Childs. 200 Years of American Business.
- New York: Basic Books, 1977.
- Craumer, Lucille V., ed. Business Periodicals Index.
- New York: H. W. Wilson Company, annual since 1958.
- Daniels, Lorna M. Business Information Sources.
- Berkeley: University of California Press, 1976.
- Milner, Anita Cheek. Newspaper Indexes: A Location and Selection Guide For Researchers.
- Metuchen, N.J.: Scarecrow Press, 1977.
- Vallentine, John F., ed. Handbook for Genealogical Correspondence.
- Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1963.
- Craig, Tracy Linton, ed. Directory [of] Historical Societies and Agencies in the United States and Canada. 12 ed.
- Nashville: American Association for State and Local History, 1982.
- Directory of Corporate Affiliations.
- Skokie, Ill.: National Register Publishing Co., annually since 1967.
- Dun's Marketing Senices. (Dun's) Million Dollar Directory.
- New York: Dun and Bradstreet Corp., annually since 1963.
- Fortune Magazine. Fortune Double 500 Directory.
- Trenton: Fortune Magazine, annually since 1970.
- Jacques, Constant H., ed. Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches,
- Nashville: Abington Press, annually since 1935.
- Kruzas, Anthony T. and Robert C. Thomas, eds. Business Organizations and Agencies Directory.
- Detroit: Gale Research Co., 1980.
- The National Directory of Morticians. Vol. KK
- Youngstown, Ohio.: National Directory of Morticians, 1970.
- National Historical Publications and Records Commission. Directory of Archives and Manuscript Repositories in the United States.
- Washington,D.C.: National Archives and Records Services, 1978.
- Standard and Poor's Register of Corporations, Directors and Executives.
- New York: Standard and Poors Corp., annually since 1928.
- Ward, Baldwin H., ed. Wards Direcory of 55,000 Largest Corporations.
- Petaluma, Calif.: Baldwin H. Ward Publications, 1981.
- Typical Guides to Manuscript Collections
- Dructor, Robert M. A Guide to Genealogical Sources at the Pennsylvania State Archives.
- Harrisburg: Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission,
- Guide to the Manuscript Collections of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania 2nd ed.
- Philadelphia: Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 1949.
- Larson, David R., ed. Guide to Manuscript Collections and Institutional Records in Ohio.
- N.p.: Society of Ohio Archivists, 1974.
- The National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections.
- Washington, D. C.: Library of Congress, annually since 1962.
- Some Printed Primary Business Records
- Kingsbury, Susan Myra, ed. The Records of the Virginia Company of London. 4 vols.
- Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1938.
- Neible, George W. "Account of Servants Bound and Assigned Before James Hamilton, Mayor of Philadelphia."
- Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography 32 (1908): 88-103, 237-49. 351-70.
- Nelson, William, ed. Documents Relating to the Colonial History of the State of New Jersey. 1st series, vol. 12.
- Patterson, NJ.: Press Printing and Publishing Co., 1895.
- Pennsylvania German Society. Record of Indentures of Individuals Bound Out as Apprentices, etc.,... Philadelphia...1771 to 1773....
- Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1973.
- Scott, Kenneth. "Some Huntington, Long Island Residents, 1763-1779."
- National Genealogical Society Quarterly 61 (Sept. 1974): 173-77.
- The Stoystown and Greensburgh Turnpike Road Company: Minutes 1815-1826.
- N.p.: Southwest Pennsylvania Genealogical Services, 1976.
- Stryker-Rodda, Kenn. "The Janeway Account Books 1735-1746."
- Genealogical Magazine of New Jersey 33 (Jan./April 1958): 1-4.
- Some Compiled Business Records
- Cutten, George Barton. The Silversmiths of Virginia from 1694 to 1850.
- Richmond: Dietz Press, 1952.
- Elliott, Mary Quickly. Biographical Sketches of Knox County Writers.
- Mount Vernon, Ohio.: n. pub., 1937.
- Hutslar, Donald A. Gunsmiths of Ohio 18th and 19th Centuries. Longrifle Series.
- York, Pa.: George Shumway, 1973.
- Martin, John Hill. Martins Bench and Bar of Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia: Rees Welsh and Co., 1883.
- R.L. Polk and Co. Missoula City Directory.
- Missoula, Mont.: R. L. Polk and Co., 1922.
- Vandenberge. Peter N., ed. Historical Directory of the Reformed Church in America 1628-1965.
- New Brunswick, NJ.: Reformed Church in America, 1966.
- Historical Information on Businesses and Records
- Apprenticeship Past and Present. Rev. ed.
- Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Labor, 1964.
- Clough Shepard B. A Century of American Life Insurance: A History of the Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York 1843-1943.
- New York: Columbia University Press, 1946.
- Herrick, Cheesman A. White Servitude in Pennsylvania. 1926; reprint ed.,
- New York: Negro University Press, 1969.
- Historical Statistics of the United States Colonial Times to 1970.
- Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Commerce, 1975.
- Information Please Almanac, Atlas and Yearbook. 35th ed.
- New York: Simon and Schuster, 1982.
- Larkin, Harold F. "Retention of Life Insurance Records."
- American Archivist 5 (April 1942): 93-99.
- Lewison, Paul and Morris Rieger. "Labor Union Records in the United
- American Archivist 25 (Jan. 1962): 39-57.
- Madison, James H. "The Credit Reports of R. G. Dun and Co. as Historical
- Historical Methods Newsletter 8 (Sept. 1975): 128-31.
- Moskowitz, Milton, Michael Katz, and Robert Levering, eds., Everbody's Business: An Almanac.
- San Francisco: Harper and Row, 1980.
|Table of Contents
Business History Resources
Search the Library's Online Catalogs