Publisher description for The psychiatric interview / Daniel J. Carlat, M.D., Publisher, The Carlat Psychiatry Report, The Carlat Child Psychiatry Report, The Carlat Addiction Treatment Report, Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Now DSM-5 updated!
Using a unique and effective combination of mnemonics, practical techniques, and phrasing examples that illustrate the nuances of the interviewing process, The Psychiatric Interview, 4th Edition
helps you establish a rapport with patients and gain valuable clinical insights. Now updated to incorporate the DSM-5 and current research, this popular manual teaches you how to_ improve your interviewing skills, breaking down this complex area into concise information you can put to use immediately in your practice.
- Offers a practical, concise approach to the psychiatric interview, filled with tips and pearls to develop confidence in interviewing.
- Uses mnemonics and pocket cards to help you understand and remember key elements of the effective interview.
- Brings you up to speed with the DSM-5 and current research, including changes in diagnosing dementia, substance abuse, eating disorders, ADHD, and more.
- Provides clear techniques for approaching threatening topics, and shows how relationships that are endangered can be repaired.
- Presents information in an engaging, conversational manner, helping you form an alliance with each patient in order to promote cooperation and effective treatment.
- Ideal for psychiatrists, psychiatric residents, nurse practitioners, or other mental health professionals.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Interview, Psychological -- methods
Mental Disorders -- diagnosis