Table of contents for Roman strigillated sarcophagi : art and social history / Janet Huskinson.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
List of Figures
List of Tables
Notes to Reader
1. Introducing Questions
2. Introducing the Sarcophagi
Part 1: Production, Use, and Viewing
3. Making and Acquiring Strigillated Sarcophagi
4. Strigillated Sarcophagi and their Burial Contexts
5. The Decoration of Strigillated Sarcophagi
6. Viewing Strigillated Sarcophagi
Part 2: Representations
7. Representing Romans
8. Mythological Imagery
9. Symbolic Figures
10. Representing Christians and their Beliefs
11. Strigillated Sarcophagi and the Jewish Community in Rome
Part 3: Reception and Reuse
12. The Reception of Strigillated Sarcophagi: Introduction
13. The Reuse of Strigillated Sarcophagi
14. The Reuse of the Strigillated Design
List of References
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Sarcophagi, Roman -- Appreciation.
Fluting (Architecture and decoration) -- Rome.
Art and society -- Rome.