Table of contents for Images of Africa : creation, negotiation and subversion / edited by Julia Gallagher ; with a foreword by V.Y. Mudimbe.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Foreword, V. Y. Mudimbe
1. Theorising image: a relational approach, Julia Gallagher
2. Constructing images of Africa: from troubled pan-African media to sprawling Nollywood, George Ogola
3. International news and the image of Africa: new storytellers, new narratives?
4. 'Image management' in east Africa: Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya and their donors, Jonathan Fisher
5. Mirrors, mimicry and the spectre of a failed state: how the government of Ethiopia deploys image, Emmanuel Fanta
6. Images of a traditional authority: the case of Ker Kwaro Acholi in northern Uganda, Clare Paine
7. The war of images in the Ivoirian post-electoral crisis: the role of news and online blogs in constructing political personas, Anne Schumann
8. Negotiating narratives of human rights abuses: image management in conflicts in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, Georgina Holmes
9. Re-imagining Ethiopia: from campaign imagery to contemporary art, Wanja Kimani
10. Silent bodies and dissident vernaculars: representations of the body in South African fiction and film, Lizzy Attree
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Documentary photography -- Africa.
Photojournalism -- Political aspects -- Africa.
Africa -- In mass media.
Africa -- Foreign public opinion.
Africa -- Civilization.
Civilization. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst00862898
Documentary photography. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst00896093
Mass media. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01011219
Photojournalism -- Political aspects. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01062027
Public opinion. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01082785
Africa. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01239509