Table of contents for Social opulence and private restraint : the consumer in British socialist thought since 1800 / Noel Thompson.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. On the cusp of abundance, socialist political economy, the consumer and consumption, 1800-50
2. Socialist political economy and the growth of mass consumption, 1880-1914
3. `Punished by the attainment of their desires': Social democratic conceptions of consumption and the consumer in inter-war Britain
4. Conceptualising the consumer in an age of affluence, 1950-1970
5. Social democracy and the apotheosis of the consumer, 1970-2010
6. Gathering the fragments: critiquing the new consumerism, 1970-2010
7. Retrospect and Prospect
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Socialism -- Great Britain -- History.
Consumption (Economics) -- Political aspects -- Great Britain -- History.
Socialism -- Great Britain -- Sources.
Socialism and culture -- Great Britain.
Economics -- Great Britain.
Economics. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst00902116
Socialism. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01123637
Great Britain. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01204623