Table of contents for Guardians of Shi'ism : sacred authority and transnational family networks / Elvire Corboz.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
A Note on Transliteration
List of Tables and Diagrams
Part I: Family, Students, and Friends: From Dyadic to Transnational Networks
1. An Iraqi Family of Religious Scholars: Local and Transnational Networking Strategies
2. An Iranian Marja' in Najaf and a Foundation in London: Reproducing Interpersonal Ties across Place and over Time
Part II: Charitable Politics: Benevolent Patrons, Beneficiaries, and the State
3. Leadership in Patronage: The Benefits of Serving and Educating
4. The Priority of Charity: A Global Brand of Philanthropy in its Local Making
Part III: The Affairs of the State: Clerical Participation in Politics
5. From Najaf to Najaf: A Family at the Forefront of Iraqi Politics
6. Quietist Activism: Calculated Responses to Political Turmoil
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Shåi°ah -- Sociological aspects.