Table of contents for The medieval Nile : route, navigation, and landscape in Islamic Egypt / John P. Cooper.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Part I: The Geography of the Early Islamic and Medieval Nile
2. Imagining the Nile
3. The pre-Islamic Nile Delta
4. The Western Delta in the Islamic Era
5. The Eastern Delta in the Islamic Era
6. The Bahr Yusuf
Part II: Navigation on the Nile
8. The Nile Flood Cycle
9. Wind, Current and Human Labour
10. Local Hazards: Rapids, Mouths and Mountains
11. Nile Journey Times
12 Onward Connections: the Mediterranean and Red Seas
Part III: Ports, harbours and the navigational landscape
13. Ports in the riverscape
14. The ports of al-Fustat and Cairo
15. Ports of the Western Delta
16. Ports of the Eastern Delta
17 Ports of the Red Sea
Appendix 1: Atlas of Historical Cartography
Appendix 2: Locator Maps
Appendix 3: Gazetteer
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Navigation -- Nile River.
Nile River -- History.
Egypt -- History -- 1250-1517.
Egypt -- History -- 1517-1882.
Navigation. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01035085
Egypt. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01208755
Nile River. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01242174