Table of contents for The Byzantine-Islamic transition in Palestine : an archaeological approach / Gideon Avni.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
List of Illustrations
Preface and Acknowledgements
Prologue Four Eyewitness Accounts versus 'Arguments in Stone'
1. Shifting Paradigms for the Byzantine: Islamic Transition
2. From Polis to Madina: The Evolution of Large Urban Communities
3. A Tale of Two Cities: Jerusalem and Ramla in the Early Islamic Period
4. The Changing Land: Settlement Patterns and Ethnic Identities
5. The Transformation of Settlement and Society: A Synthesis
Appendix I: Cities in Byzantine Palestine, Phoenice, and Arabia
Appendix II: Early Islamic Settlements in Palestine and Jordan
Appendix III: Regional Surveys Byzantine and Early Islamic Sites
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Palestine -- Antiquities, Byzantine.
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Palestine.
Palestine -- Church history.
Palestine -- History -- 70-638.
Palestine -- History -- 638-1917.
Islamic Empire -- Relations -- Byzantine Empire.
Byzantine Empire -- Relations -- Islamic Empire.