Table of contents for Origins of language : a slim guide / James R. Hurford.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. The prehistory of a very special ape
2. Nature, nurture, and language
3. How trusted talk started
4. Concepts before language
5. We began to speak, and hear differently
6. Coining words
7. Building powerful grammar engines
8. Pronunciation gets complex
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Language and languages -- Origin.