Table of contents for DIY U : edupunks, edupreneurs, and the coming transformation of higher education / Anya Kamenetz.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. History : how college-for-all became part of the American dream
2. Sociology : human capital and meritocracy, race and class--can we build a system that works for everybody?
3. Economics : why college tuition is caught in a cost spiral, and how to stop it
4. Computer science : open content, virtual-reality and smartphone classrooms, serious games, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and robotic telescopes
5. Independent study : free and open-source education; vocational, experiential, and self-learning
6. Commencement : what the transformation of the university might mean for the future of humanity
7. Resource guide for a do-it-yourself education : a four part guide for the student who wants to hack her own education; includes a listing of web sites of organizations mentioned in the text.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Education, Higher -- United States.
Educational change -- United States.
College costs -- United States.
Alternative education -- United States.