Table of contents for Transformation and development : the political economy of transition in India and China / edited by Amiya Kumar Bagchi, Anthony P. D'Costa.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
List of Tables and Figures; Preface and Acknowledgements
List of Abbreviations
1. Transformation and Development: A Critical Introduction to India and China (6BAnthony P. D'Costa and Amiya Kumar Bagchi)
2. Guaranteeing Rural Employment-Tales from Two Countries: Right to Employment in Neoliberal India and Labour Accumulation in Collectivist China (Ashwani Saith)
3. Government Policy and the Distribution of Grain: Revisiting the Reform of Agricultural Institutions in China and India (Shailaja Fennell)
4. Appraising Industrial Policies of India and China from Two Perspectives: Nationalist and Internationalist (Nirmal Kumar Chandra)
5 China in the Global Crisis: Death Knell of the East Asian Developmental Model? (Ho-Fung Hung)
6. Harmony, Crisis, and the Fading of the Lewis Model in China (Carl Riskin)
7. Growth, Reforms, and Inequality: Comparing India and China (Lopamudra Banerjee, Ashwini Deshpande, Yan Ming, Sanjay Ruparelia, Vamsicharan Vakulabharanam, and Wei Zhong)
8 China in the Global Economy: Encountering the Systemic Risks (Sunanda Sen)
9. Outward FDI from China and India: An Exploratory Note (R. Nagaraj)
10. Science and Technology for Governance in China (Parthasarathi Banerjee)
11. Have China and India Become More Innovative Since the Onset of Reforms in the Two Countries? (Sunil Mani)
12. Increasing Industrialization of R&D in China: Empirical Observations of the Role of the State (Bikramjit Sinha)
Notes on Contributors
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Economic development -- India.
Economic develoment -- China.
India -- Economic conditions -- 1991-
China -- Economic conditions -- 2000-