Table of contents for Orientalist Jones : Sir William Jones, poet, lawyer, and linguist, 1746-1794 / Michael J. Franklin.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Claiming Kin in Calcutta: Jones discovers the Indo-European family of languages
2. Persian Jones, London Welshman, surveys his roots
3. Druid Jones on the Carmarthen Circuit: Radicalization and Recreation on the Celtic Fringe
4. Impressive Patrons and Impressing Mariners
5. Republican Jones and the Poetry of Politics: Fragments of Liberty
6. Knowing India: Asiatic Researches/Recreations
7. Europe Falls in Love with Sakuntala
8. Life and Death in Calcutta: A Courtroom View of the Ethics of Empire
9. 'Indo-Persian' Jones and Indian Pluralism
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Jones, William, -- Sir, -- 1746-1794.
Asianists -- Great Britain -- Biography.
Indologists -- Great Britain -- Biography.
Sanskritists -- Great Britain -- Biography.