Table of contents for Climate change and food security in South Asia / Rattan Lal ... [et al.], editors.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Foreword; M. Jarraud, J. Diouf
Foreword; President Grimsson, Iceland
Part I. CLIMATE CHANGE IN SOUTH ASIA
1. Climate of South Asia and the Human Wellbeing; R. Lal
2. Climate Change in South Asia; M. Sivakumar and R. Stefanski
3. Solar Irradiance of the Earth’s Atmosphere; S. Nahar
4. Mass Balance Approach to Study Glaciers Dynamics in the Himalayas; D. Sveinbjörnsson,
Part II. CLIMATE CHANGE AND WATER RESOURCES
5. Understanding Surface Water Flow and Storage Changes using Satellites: Emerging Opportunities for Bangladesh; F. Hossain, D.Alsdorf
6. Inter-annual water storage changes in Asia from GRACE data; C.K. Shum et al.
7. Observation and Geophysical Causes of Present-Day Sea Level Rise; C.K. Shum, C.Y. Kuo
Part III. CLIMATE CHANGE AND THE ENVIRONMENT
8. Selenium – A Right Choice To Treat Arsenicosis in Bangladesh; A. Momin
9. Agricultural and Environmental Changes in Bangladesh in Response to Global Warming; S. Ahsan et al.
Part IV. CLIMATE CHANGE AND SOIL DEGRADATION
10. Soil degradation and food security in South Asia; R. Lal
11. Restoration of Degraded and Desertified Lands: Experience from Iceland; S. Runolfsson,
12. Organic carbon cycling during Himalayan erosion: processes, fluxes and consequences for the global carbon cycle; V. Galy, C. France-Lanord
Part V. CLIMATE CHANGE AND FOOD SECURITY
13. World Food Security: the Challenges of Climate Change and Bioenergy; S. Ramasamy
14. Implications of Climate Change on Agriculture and Food Security in South Asia; Ad Spijkers
15. Climate Change and Food Security in India; N. Chattopadhyay
Part VI. MITIGATION AND ADAPTATION OPTIONS
16. Global Climate Change and Food Security in South Asia: An Adaptation and Mitigation Framework; P.K. Aggarwal, M.V.K. Sivakumar
17. Options on Land Management and Land Use for Coping with Climate Change in South Asia; Y. Niino
18. Challenges and Opportunities in Composting Organic Waste; H. Keener
19. Adaptation strategies in coping with climate change impacts for improved crop health and sustainable food production; A.K.S. Huda, R. Mehrotra, A. Sharma
20. Options for Forest Management for Coping with Climate Change in South Asia; N.H. Ravindranath, I.K. Murthy, S. Swarnim
21. Options on fisheries and aquaculture for coping with climate change in South Asia;
22. Economic Impacts of Climate Change on Global Food Supply and Demand;
J. Furuya, S. Kobayashi
Part VII. CLIMATE CHANGE AND AGRIC. IN BANGLADESH
23. Effect of climatic changes on the incidence of disease of winter pulses; M.A. Bakr
24. Climate Change and Sustainable Irrigation Management in Bangladesh; S. Islam
25. Cool Rice for a Warmer Environment: Concept, Progress and Prospect – Bangladesh perspective; M. Sirajul Islam
26. Soil carbon sequestration under rubber plantations in North-East India; D. Mandal
27. Incidence and severity of rice diseases and insect pests in relation to climate change; M. Haq
28. Assessing impacts of climate change on cereal production and food security in Bangladesh; G. Hussain
29. Climatic Variations: Farming Systems and Livelihoods in the High Barind Tract and Coastal Areas of Bangladesh; Y. Ali
30. Influence of Climatic Changes on the Abundance of Major Insect Pests of Sugarcane; M. Abdullah
31. Soil, Water and Climate Related Constraints for Crop Production in Bangladesh; M.S. Khan
32. Phenomena Leading to Food Chain Contamination to Intensify Climate Change Effects and Adaptation in Bangladesh; A.M.M. M. Hossain, S.F. Elahi
Part VIII. POLICY IMPERATIVES
33. Title: Metrics for Mainstreaming Adaptation in Agriculture Sector; S.V.R.K. Prabhakar
34. A Framework for Regional Cooperation on Integration of Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation in South Asia; S.K. Srivastava
Part IX. NEED FOR ACTION
35. Adapting to Climate Change: Research and Development Priorities; R. Lal
Closing Remarks; Ad Spijkers
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Food supply -- South Asia -- Congresses.
Agriculture -- Economic aspects -- South Asia -- Congresses.
Food supply -- South Asia -- International cooperation -- Congresses.
Agriculture -- South Asia -- International cooperation -- Congresses.