Publisher description for Bowie and Montague County / Shannon Castle Gillette.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
On June 30, 1959, over 15,000 people came to view Perl-Mack Enterprises' five show homes built at the corner of 104th Avenue and Grant Drive. Named "the most perfectly planned community in America" by Life magazine, the developers named this new community North Glenn and built it into a community designed with designated industrial, commercial, recreational, and school areas around a central, regional shopping center--the Northglenn Mall. Facing annexation from surrounding cities, concerned residents formed the North Glenn Civic Association and encouraged residents to go to the polls in April 1969 to vote for incorporation. The name was changed to the City of Northglenn, and it went on to be a vital city, winning awards for revitalizing the largest park in its extensive park system, E.B. Rains Jr. Memorial Park with Webster Lake, as well as being named Tree City, USA, and Playful City, USA, several years in a row.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: