Table of contents for A history of Renaissance rhetoric, 1380-1620 / Peter Mack.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Introduction and Origins
2. Diffusion and Reception of Classical Rhetoric
3. Italy 1390-1480
6. Northern Europe 1519-1545: The Age of Melanchthon
7. Northern Europe 1545-1580: Ramus and company
8. Southern Europe in the Sixteenth Century
9. New Syntheses 1600-1620: Keckermann, Vossius and Caussin
10. Manuals of Tropes and Figures
11. Letter-writing manuals
12. Preaching manuals and Legal dialectics
13. Vernacular Rhetorics
14. . Conclusion: Renaissance Rhetoric
Bibliography of Secondary Works
Glossary of Rhetorical and Dialectical Terms
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Rhetoric, Renaissance -- History.