Table of contents for Making sense : a student's guide to research and writing : geography and environmental sciences / Margot Northey, David B. Knight, Dianne Draper.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
A Note to the Student
1. Thinking and Writing
2. Searching and Researching
3. Writing and Reading Lecture Notes
4. Writing a Report on a Book or an Article
5. Writing an Essay
6. Writing a Proposal, Research Paper, and Thesis
7. Quotations and Documentation
8. Presentations and Group Work
9. Writing a Lab Report
10. Writing Examinations
11. Doing Field Work and Writing about It
12. Illustrating Your Work
13. Words: Gender, Race, and Other Sensitivities
14. Writing with Style
15. Grammar and Usage
17. Misused Words and Phrases
18. Important Definitions
Appendix I: Weights, Measures, and Notation
Appendix II: Selected Journals of Interest to Geographers and Environmental Scientists
Appendix III: Selected Websites of Interest to Geographers and Environmental Scientists
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Geography -- Authorship.
Environmental sciences -- Authorship.
English language -- Rhetoric.
G‚eographie -- Art d'‚ecrire.
Sciences de l'environnement -- Art d'‚ecrire.
Anglais (Langue) -- Rh‚etorique.
Rapports -- R‚edaction.
Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten. -- gnd