Table of contents for Women, language and grammar in Italy, 1500-1900 / by Helena Sanson.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Prologue: On Grammar and Women
1. Grammatica: the key to knowledge
2. The Spoken Language, the Written Language
3. The Scope of this Book
PART I (Sixteenth-Seventeenth Centuries)
1. Women, the Vernacular, and Classical Languages
2. Women and Vernacular Grammar
PART TWO (Eighteenth-Early Nineteenth Centuries)
3. Women and Language in the Secolo delle donne
4. Knowledge and Language 'for the ladies'
PART THREE (The Nineteenth Century)
5. Women and the Mother Tongue in the Ottocento
6. Women Writing on Language
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Women -- Italy -- Language -- History.
Italian language -- History.
Italian language -- Grammar -- History.
Women -- Italy -- Intellectual life.