Publisher description for Mayo clinic healthy heart for life! / [edited by] Kevin Kauffman.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Is that twinge in your chest heartburn or a heart problem? In 2006, more than 600,000 Americans-26% of all deaths in the US that year-died of heart disease, making it our nation's #1 killer. Now, Mayo Clinic provides a comprehensive, step by-step plan to reduce the risks and life-changing effects of heart disease. In The Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart Plan, Mayo Clinic provides up-to-date, clinically proven information that addresses the key causes of heart disease and provides clear, actionable advice in an easy-to follow format, including:
- The three key actions you can taken in a quick-start plan to help you jump-start your way to heart health
- A heart-health assessment to help you create your own customized plan
- An easy-to-follow program designed for life-long heart health
- Tools to help you determine your risk for heart disease
- Information on how to recognize symptoms of heart disease-and what to do about them
- Background on cholesterol's role and info on how you can minimize the effects of bad cholesterol and enhance your levels of good cholesterol
- How to talk to your doctor about heart concerns and what to expect during a medical evaluation
- How heart disease symptoms can be different in women, and other special concerns for women
- How to raise heart-healthy children
- ...and more
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: