Table of contents for Violence : theory and ethnography / Pamela J. Stewart and Andrew Strathern.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Violence as a Construct
2. History and Histories
3. The Domain of Contested Legitimacy (Riches' sTriangle)
4. Colonial and Post-Colonial Contexts (Papua New Guinea)
5. Subjectivities (Papua New Guinea)
7. Ethnicity, Violence and the State (Sri Lanka)
8. Conclusions: Toward and Eclectic Synthesis>
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
War -- Cross-cultural studies.
Violence -- Cross-cultural studies.