Table of contents for Higher speculations : grand theories and failed revolutions in physics and cosmology / Helge Kragh.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Beginnings of Modern Science
2. A Victorian Theory of Everything
3. Electrodynamics as a World View
4. Rationalist Cosmologies
5. Cosmology and Controversy
6. The Rise and Fall of the Bootstrap Programme
7. Varying Constants of Nature
8. New Cyclic Models of The Universe
9. The Anthropic Principle
10. Multiverse Scenarios
11. String Theory and Other Models of Quantum Gravity
12. Astrobiology and Physical Eschatology
13. Summary: Final Theories and Epistemic Shifts
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Cosmology -- History.
Physics -- History.