Table of contents for Sufism and society in medieval India / edited by Raziuddin Aquil.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Introduction, Raziuddin Aquil;
1. 'Muslim Mystic Ideology and Contribution to Indian Culture', K.A. Nizami;
2. 'Sufism and Hindu Mysticism', Aziz Ahmad;
3. 'Islamic Proselytisation', S.A.A. Rizvi;
4. 'Sufi Folk Literature and the Expansion of Indian Islam', Richard M. Eaton;
5. 'The Indian Environment and the Question of Conversion', Carl W. Ernst;
6. 'The Indian Environment', Yohanan Friedmann;
7. 'Shah Waliullah and the Dargah', J.M.S Baljon;
8. 'The Sufi Shaikh as a Source of Authority in Medieval India', Simon Digby;
9. 'Assimilation from a Distance', Muzaffar Alam; Bibliography; Index; Acknowledgements; Contributor's note
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Sufism -- India -- History.
India -- Civilization -- 1200-1765.