Table of contents for The arsenic century : how Victorian Britain was poisoned at home, work, and play / James C. Whorton.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. 'Such an Instrument of Death and Agony'
2. 'A New Race of Poisoners'
3. A New Breed of Detectives
4. 'The Chief Terror of Poisoners'
5. A Penn'orth of Poison
6. 'Sugared Death'
7. 'The Hue of Death, the Tint of the Grave'
8. Walls of Death
9. Physician-assisted Poisoning
10. 'A Very Wholesome Poison'
11. Poison in the Factory and on the Farm
12. 'Dangers that Lie Wait in the Pint-Pot'
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Arsenic -- Social aspects -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
Arsenic -- Side effects -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
Arsenic -- Toxicology -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
Arsenic -- toxicity.
Arsenic Poisoning -- history -- Great Britain.
History, 19th Century -- Great Britain.