Publisher description for Microelectronic circuits / Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
This market-leading textbook continues its standard of excellence and innovation built on the solid pedagogical foundation that instructors expect from Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith. All material in the sixth edition of Microelectronic Circuits is thoroughly updated to reflect changes in technology-CMOS technology in particular. These technological changes have shaped the book's organization and topical coverage, making it the most current resource available for teaching tomorrow's engineers how to analyze and design electronic circuits.
- Streamlined organization. Short, modular chapters can be rearranged to suit any class organization. Topics that can be skipped on a first reading, while the student is grasping the basics, or that look ahead to advanced industrial applications, are clearly marked.
- Digital Integrated Circuits covered in a new, separate section, to make it easier to teach Computer Engineering students.
- Parallel Treatment of MOSFETs and BJTs. 90% of the market works with MOSFETs, so this vital topic is placed first in the textbook. The chapters on BJTs and MOSFETs are exactly parallel, so instructors can teach whichever one first that they prefer, and speed through the second topic by concentrating only on the differences between the two transistors.
- Frequency response in a separate chapter. Frequency response is now condensed into a single chapter, rather than being integrated within other topics.
Instructor [Note Instructor's Resource CD is bound in to ISM-ISBN 9780195340303:
* Instructor's Solutions Manual contains typed solutions to all in-text exercises and end-of-chapter problems.
* PowerPoint Overheads on CD contain all of the figures with captions, plus summary tables, from the main text.
* In-text CD contains SPICE circuit simulation exercises and lessons, and a free student version of two SPICE simulators: OrCAD PSpice and Electronics Workbench Multisim.
*`Companion website www.sedrasmith.org http://www.sedrasmith.org features SPICE models and links to industry and academic sites.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: