Publisher description for Microsoft Windows XP networking and security : inside out : also covers Windows 2000 / Ed Bott, Carl Siechert.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Dig into Windows XP—and discover how you can really put its networking and security features to work! Also covering Windows 2000, this supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and handy workarounds in concise, fast-answer format. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Find the best and fastest ways to perform everyday networking tasks, and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery!
- From Ethernet to WiFi, build a fast, reliable, security-enhanced network
- Keep your system current with Windows Update
- Design and troubleshoot a comprehensive data backup and recovery solution
- Help prevent network invasions with firewall solutions, encryption systems, Windows AntiSpyware, and other defenses
- Use logon, authentication, and Group Policy to help control access to shared resources
- Take ultimate control by blocking ports, encrypting files, and installing digital certificates
- Monitor security events by configuring auditing policies and security templates
- Complete eBook
- Insider Extras—including sample batch and script files plus security templates
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition, eBook
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security eBook
- Microsoft Computer Dictionary, Fifth Edition eBook
- Microsoft resources—including Windows XP Expert Zone articles and downloadable security resources
- Links to Web sites of Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs)
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Microsoft Windows (Computer file)
Computer networks -- Security measures.