Table of contents for Small schools, big ideas : the essential guide to successful school transformation / Mara Benitez, Jill S. Davidson, Laura Flaxman ; foreword by Theodore R. Sizer and Nancy Faust Sizer.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Foreword (Theodore R. Sizer, Nancy Faust Sizer).
The Coalition of Essential Schools and the CES Small Schools Project.
Introduction: An Academically Challenging Education for All.
Part One: Setting the Stage for Transformation.
1. A Commitment to Equity.
2. Confronting the Challenges.
3. Creating the Climate and Conditions for Change.
Part Two: Essential Principles for School Design.
4. Starting with Vision, Mission, and Goals.
5. Transformative Leadership.
6. Cultivating Professional Learning Opportunities.
Part Three: Essential Principles for Learning.
7. Student-Centered Teaching and Learning.
8. Demonstration of Mastery.
9. Access, Opportunity, and Preparation for Postsecondary Success.
Part Four: Embedding Successful Change.
10. School Culture, Practices, and Community.
11. Strategies for Sustainability.
Appendix A: Coalition of Essential Schools Common Principles.
Appendix B: Coalition of Essential Schools Benchmarks: Principles in Practice.
Appendix C: Profiled Schools and Organizations.
Appendix D: The Benefits of the CES Model: A Look at Recent Research.
Appendix E: Glossary of Useful Assessment Terms.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
School improvement programs -- United States.
Coalition of Essential Schools.