Table of contents for Mathematics emerging : a sourcebook 1540-1900 / Jacqueline Stedall.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
2. Fresh ideas
3. Foreshadowings of calculus
4. The calculus of Newton and of Leibniz
5. Early mathematical physics: Newton's Principia
6. Early number theory
7. Early probability
8. Power series
10. Making calculus work
11. Limits and continuity
12. Solving equations
13. Groups, fields, ideals and rings
14. Derivatives and integrals
15. Complex analysis
16. Convergence and completeness
17. Linear algebra
People, institutions, and journals
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Mathematics -- History.