Table of contents for Shaping the day : a history of timekeeping in England and Wales 1300-1800 / Paul Glennie and Nigel Thrift.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
List of Figures
List of Plates
List of Tables
1. Introduction: The Measured Heart
2. Clocks, Clock-times, and Social Change
3. "Not Everyone Occupies the Same Now": Reconceptualising Clock Times
4. Clock-times in Medieval and Early Modern Bristol
5. Temporal Infrasturcture: The Provision of Clock-Time in England
6. Clock-times in Everyday Lives
7. Precision in Everyday Lives
8. "Posted Within Shot of the Grave": Temporal Practices Among Seafarers
9. The Pursuit of Precision
10. "Clocks from Nowhere"? John Harrison in Context
11. Some Concluding Remarks
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Time measurements -- History.
Clocks and watches -- England -- History.