Table of contents for Epicureanism at the origins of modernity / Catherine Wilson.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Introduction: The Revival of Ancient Materialism
1. Atomism and Mechanism
2. Corpuscular Effluvia: Between Imagination and Experiment
3. Order and Disorder
4. Mortality and Metaphysics
5. Empiricism and Mortalism
6. Three Critics of Epicureanism
7. Politics and Community
8. The Problem of Materialism in the New Essays
9. Some Motives and Incentives to the Study of Nature: The Case of Robert Boyle
10. Happiness, Welfare, and Morality
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Epicureans (Greek philosophy)