Table of contents for Scripting with objects : a comparative presentation of scripting with Perl and Python / Avinash C. Kak.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Multilanguage View of Application Development and OO Scripting.
2. Perl - A Review of the Basics.
3. Python - A Review of the Basics.
4. Regular Expressions for String Processing.
5. References in Perl.
6. The Notion of a Class in Perl.
7. The Notion of a Class in Python.
8. Inheritance and Polymorphism in Perl.
9. Inheritance and Polymorphism in Python.
10. Handling Exceptions.
11. Abstract Classes and Methods.
12. Weak References for Memory Management.
13. Scripting for Graphical User Interfaces.
14. Multithreaded Scripting.
15. Scripting for Network Programming.
16. Interacting with Databases.
17. Processing XML with Perl and Python.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Object-oriented programming (Computer science)
Scripting languages (Computer science)
Perl (Computer program language)
Python (Computer program language)