Table of contents for The better to eat you with : fear in the animal world / Joel Berger.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
The Hunt for Eden
1. The Wolf is at the Door—Who’s Afraid?
2. The Shy Giant of the Forest
3. A Tropical Primate in Alaska
4. Emissaries of a Dying Epoch
The Meek and the Bold
5. Subarctic Shadows
6. To Know Thy Enemy
7. Among the Naive
8. A Tiger East of the Sun
A Search for Ice Age Relicts
9. A Continent of Virgins and Recent Ghosts
10. On Being Caribou and Musk Ox
11. Islands of Ice and Innocence
The Predator’s Gaze
12. Changing the Rules of Engagement
13. Nomads of the Gobi
14. The Silent Cats of Patagonia
Making the Beast More Savage, or Less?
15. A Credibility Conundrum
16. Different Sides of the Darwinian Divide
17. Of Fear and Culture
Readings of Interest and Exploration
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Fear in animals.