Publisher description for Numerical computation of internal and external flows : fundamentals of computational fluid dynamics / Charles Hirsch.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
The second edition of this classic book delivers the most up to date and comprehensive text available on computational fluid dynamics for engineers and mathematicians. Already renowned for its range and authority, this new edition has been significantly developed in terms of both contents and scope. A complete, self contained text, it will form the basis of study for many leading CFD courses at senior undergraduate and graduate level: a truly formidable resource covering the fundamentals of CFD.
• New approach takes readers seamlessly from first principles to more advanced and applied topics
• Presents the essential components of a simulation system at a level suitable for those coming into contact with CFD for the first time, and is ideal for those who need a comprehensive refresher on the fundamentals of CFD
• Enhanced pedagogy features chapter objectives, hands-on practice examples and end of chapter exercises
• Extended coverage of finite difference, finite
volume and finite element methods
• New chapters include an introduction to grid
properties and the use of grids in practice
• Includes material on 2-D inviscid, potential
and Euler flows, 2-D viscous flows, Navier-
Stokes flows to enable the reader to develop basic CFD simulations
• Accompanied by downloadable computer code for the numerical solution of 1-D convection and convection – diffusion problems, plus test cases. Visit http://books.elsevier.com for details.
• Includes Best-Practice guidelines for applying existing commercial or shareware CFD tools
• Solutions Manual for registered lecturers is available by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Fluid dynamics -- Mathematical models.
Fluid dynamics -- Data processing.
Fluid dynamics -- Mathematical models -- Problems, exercises, etc.
Fluid dynamics -- Data processing -- Problems, exercises, etc.