Publisher description for Automatic fingerprint recognition systems / Nalini Ratha, Ruud Bolle, editors.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
This book thoroughly surveys and examines advances in fingerprint sensing devices and in algorithms for fingerprint image analysis and matching. After an opening chapter on the history of fingerprint recognition, "Automatic Fingerprint Recognition Systems" moves into new technologies for inkless sensors, fingerprint image analysis techniques, including fingerprint video analysis, filtering and classification and other areas aimed at fully automatic operation. The book also addresses large-scale fingerprint identification system design, as well as standards.
Topics and Features:
* Covers numerous areas related to modern automatic fingerprint recognition, not just its history or forensic analysis
* Examines advances in fingerprint sensing and fingerprint image filtering and preprocessing
* Describes fingerprint feature abstraction, as well as compression and decompression of fingerprint images
* Develops ideas related to large-scale, large-database fingerprint matching
* Assesses such important areas as security in fingerprint matching and the common criterion protection profile
This authoritative survey provides a unique reference for automatic fingerprint recognition concepts, technologies, and systems. Its editors and contributors are leading researchers and applied R&D developers of this technology. Biometrics and pattern recognition researchers, security professionals, and systems developers will find the work an indispensable resource for current knowledge and technology.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Fingerprints -- Identification.
Fingerprints -- Data processing.