Table of contents for Understanding peer influence in children and adolescents / edited by Mitchell J. Prinstein, Kenneth A. Dodge.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Current Issues in Peer Influence Research, Mitchell J. Prinstein and Kenneth A. Dodge
II. Peer Influence Mechanisms
2. A Comprehensive Conceptualization of the Peer Influence Process in Adolescence, B. Bradford Brown, Jeremy P. Bakken, Suzanne W. Ameringer, and Shelly D. Mahon
3. Cognitive Social Influence: Moderation, Mediation, Modification, and...the Media, Frederick X. Gibbons, Elizabeth A. Pomery, and Meg Gerrard
4. Dynamics and Ecology of Adolescent Peer Influence, Thomas J. Dishion, Timothy F. Piehler, and Michael W. Myers
5. Deviance Regulation Theory: Applications to Adolescent Social Influence, Hart Blanton and Melissa Burkley
III. Altering Peer Influence Effects: Moderators and Interventions
6. Variation in Patterns of Peer Influence: Considerations of Self and Other, William M. Bukowski, Ana Maria Velasquez, and Mara Brendgen
7. Adolescent Peer Influences: Beyond the Dark Side, Joseph P. Allen and Jill Antonishak
8. Mobilizing and Weakening Peer Influence as Mechanisms for Changing Behavior: Implications for Alcohol Intervention Programs, Deborah A. Prentice
9. Identity Signaling, Social Influence, and Social Contagion, Jonah Berger
IV. Underexplored Contexts for Potential Peer Influence Effects
10. Homophily in Adolescent Romantic Relationships, Wyndol Furman and Valerie A. Simon
11. Peer Influence in Involuntary Social Groups: Lessons from Research on Bullying, Jaana Juvonen and Adriana Galván
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Interpersonal relations in children.
Peer pressure in children.
Interpersonal relations in adolescence.
Peer pressure in adolescence.