Table of contents for Essentials of strategic management : the quest for competitive advantage / John E. Gamble, Arthur A. Thomson, Jr.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
PART I: STRATEGY, CORPORATE ENTREPRENEURSHIP, AND LEADERSHIP
Chapter 1: Strategy and the Quest for Competitive Advantage
Chapter 2: Leadership and the Strategic Management Process
Chapter 3: Competitive Strategy and Advantage in the Marketplace
PART II: FACTORS SHAPING STRATEGIC CHOICES
Chapter 4: Industry and Competitive Analysis
Chapter 5: Analyzing a Company’s Competitive Strength and Cost Structure
PART III: EXECUTING THE STRATEGY
Chapter 6: Implementing and Executing the Chosen Strategy
Chapter 7: Ethical Business Strategies, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Environmental Sustainability
PART IV: BEYOND COMPETITIVE STRATEGY
Chapter 8: Strategies for Competing in International Markets
Chapter 9: Strategies for Multi-Business Corporations
PART V: CASES IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
1. Costco Wholesale Corp.—Mission, Business Model, and Strategy
2. The Battle in Radio Broadcasting: XM vs. Sirius vs. Local Radio vs. Internet Radio
3. Competition in the Bottled Water Industry in 2006
4. Blue Nile, Inc.—World’s Largest Online Diamond Retailer
5. Panera Bread Company
6. Coach Inc.: Is Its Advantage in Luxury Handbags Sustainable?
7. Nucor Corporation—Competing Against Low Cost Foreign Imports
8. Competition in Video Game Consoles
9. Electronic Arts in 2007: Can It Retain Its Global Lead in Video Game Software?
10. Manpower Australia: Using Strategy Maps and the Balanced Scorecard Effectively
11. Abercrombie and Fitch: An Upscale Sporting Goods Retailer Becomes a Leader in Trendy Apparel
12. Monitoring Foreign Suppliers: The Challenge of Detecting Unethical Practices
13. Spectrum Brands’ Diversification Strategy—A Success or a Failure?
14. Sara Lee Corp.: Retrenching to a Narrower Business Base
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Strategic planning -- Case studies.