Table of contents for Systems engineering : a 21st century systems methodology / Derek K. Hitchins.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Part I: Systems: Advances in Systems Science and Thinking.
1. Systems Philosophy.
2. Advances in Systems Science.
3. Advances in Systems Thinking.
4. Systems Engineering Philosophy.
5. System Models.
Case A. Japanese Lean Volume Supply Systems.
Part II: Systems Methodology.
6. Overview of the Systems Methodology.
7. SM1: Addressing Complex Issues and Problems.
Case B. The Practice Intervention.
8. SM2: Exploring the Solution Space.
9. SM3 and 4: Focusing Solution System Purpose.
Case C: The Total Weapon System Concept.
10. SM5: Architecting/Designing System Solutions.
11. SM6: Optimize Solution System Design.
12. SM7: Create and Prove Solution System (SOS).
13. The Systems Methodology - Elaborated.
14. Setting the Systems Methodology to Work.
Case D: Architecting a Defense Capability.
Part III: Systems Methodology and Systems Engineering.
15. Systems Engineering - The Real Deal.
16. Systems Creation: Hand of Purpose, Root of Emergence.
Case E: The police Command and Control System.
Case F: Fighter Avionics System Design.
17. SOS Engineering Principles and Practices.
Case G. Defense Procurement in the 21st Century.
18. Systems Engineering: Intelligent Systems.
Case H: Global Warming, Climate Change and Energy.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: