Table of contents for Essentials of ecology / Colin R. Townsend, Michael Begon, John L. Harper.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Ecology and How To Do It.
2. The Ecology of Evolution.
Part II- Conditions and Resources.
3. Physical Conditions and the Availability of Resources.
4. Conditions, Resources, and the World's Communities.
Part III- Individuals, Populations, Communities, and Ecosystems.
5. Birth, Death, and Movement.
6. Interspecific Competition.
7. Organisms as Habitats.
8. Predation, Grazing, and Disease.
9. Population Processes--The Big Picture.
10. Patterns in Species Richness.
11. The Flux of Energy and matter through Ecosystems.
Part IV- Applied Issues in Ecology.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: