Table of contents for The politics of cultural despair : a study in the rise of the Germanic ideology / Fritz Stern.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
I. Paul de Lagarde and a Germanic Region
1. The Critic as Academician
2. The Idealism of Antimodernity
3. The Germanic Religion
4. The Germanic Nation
5. The Corruption of German Education
6. The Prophet Remembered
II. Julius Langbehn and Germanic Irrationalism
7. The Critic as a Failure
8. Art and the Revolt against Modernity
9. Art, Politics, and the Heroic Folk
10. Langbehm and the Crisis of the 1890's
III. Moeller van den Bruck and the Third Reich
11. The Critic as Exile
12. The Esthete's Turn to Politics
13. The Conscience of the Right
14. Toward the Third Reich
Conclusion: From Idealism to Nihilism
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Nationalism -- Germany.
Lagarde, Paul de, -- 1827-1891.
Langbehn, Julius, -- 1851-1907.
Moeller van den Bruck, Arthur, -- 1876-1925.