Publisher description for Hurst's the heart / editors, Valentin Fuster ... [et al.] ; associate editors, Spencer B. King III ... [et al.].
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
An all-inclusive overview of cardiology in a trusted landmark reference
Developed by a team of internationally renowned editors and authors, Hurst's The Heart is synonymous with the most comprehensive and current perspectives on treating the full range of heart problems.
Inside, you'll get an incisive look at all the global advances in the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease, including the translation of basic science research into clinical applications. And integrated throughout are the latest treatment protocols, ACC/AHA and ESC treatment guidelines, as well as quick-reference tables and algorithms.
NEW to this Edition:
- Stunning full-color illustrations
- Information from the COURAGE trial, covering the use and misuse of drug eluting stents
- Vital coverage of advances in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension and new information on hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Expert-authored chapters on coronary blood flow, stunning, and hibernation; race and ethnicity in cardiovascular disease; and cardiovascular physiology
- Up-to-date information on the diagnosis and management of heart failure
- Latest guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation
- New advances in curative catheter ablation of arrhythmias
- Increased number of international contributors
- Expanded chapters on epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of hypertension
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Cardiovascular system -- Diseases.
Heart -- Diseases.