Table of contents for Designing and constructing instruments for social research and evaluation / David Colton and Robert W. Covert.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Figures, Exhibits, Tables, and Instruments.
Preface: Asking and Answering.
PART ONE: CONCEPTS.
2. Instruments and Social Inquiry.
4. Instrument Construction, Validity, and Reliability.
PART TWO: APPLICATION.
5. Purposeful Creativity: First Steps in the Development of an Instrument.
7. The Structure and Format of Selection Items.
8. Guidelines for Writing Selection Items.
9. Selection Items: Alternative Formats.
10. Supply Items: Open-Ended Questions.
11. Guidelines for Constructing Multi-Item Scales.
PART THREE: ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION.
12. Organizing the Instrument.
13. Administering the Instrument.
14. Computers and Instrument Construction.
15. Managing the Data and Reporting the Results.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Social sciences -- Research -- Methodology.
Evaluation -- Methodology.