Table of contents for Your defiant teen : 10 steps to resolve conflict and rebuild your relationship / by Russell A. Barkley and Arthur L. Robin ; with Christine M. Benton.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
I. You and Your Defiant Teen
1. What Defiance Is--and What You Should Do about It
2. How Defiance Develops
3. What Does Adolescence Have to Do with It?
4. Is It Just Your Teen's Personality?
5. Where Do You Come In?
6. How to Find a Way Out
II. 10 Steps to a Better Relationship with Your Teen--and a Better Future for Your Teen
7. Getting Ready
8. Step 1: Making Positive One-on-One Time a Habit
9. Step 2: A New Way to Manage Behavior
10. Step 3: Contracts and Point Systems: How Teens Can Earn Privileges
11. Step 4: Making the Punishment Really Fit the Crime
12. Step 5: Tackling Additional Issues with Rewards and Penalties
13. Step 6: Addressing Defiant Behavior in School and Conflicts over Homework
14. Step 7: Using Problem-Solving Skills
15. Step 8: Learning and Practicing Communication Skills
16. Step 9: Dealing with Unreasonable Beliefs and Expectations
17. Step 10: Keeping It Together
Appendix A: Sample Problem-Solving Worksheets
Appendix B: How to Find a Therapist
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Problem youth -- Behavior modification.
Oppositional defiant disorder in adolescence.
Parent and teenager.