Table of contents for Seeing the face, seeing the soul : Polemon's Physiognomy from classical antiquity to medieval Islam / edited by Simon Swain ; with contributions by George Boys-Stones ... [et al.].
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Introduction, Simon Swain
2. Physiognomy and Ancient Psychological Theory, George Boys-Stones
3. Polemon's Physiognomy, Simon Swain
4. Physiognomics: Art and Text, Jas Elsner
5. The Islamic Background to Polemon's Treatise, Robert Hoyland
6. The Semiotic Paradigm: Physiognomy and Medicine in Islamic Culture, Antonella Ghersetti
7. Polemon's Physiognomy in the Arabic Tradition, Antonella Ghersetti with Simon Swain
III. Texts and Translations
8. A New Edition and Translation of the Leiden Polemon, Robert Hoyland
9. The Istanbul Polemon (TK Recension): Edition and Translation of the Introduction, Antonella Ghersetti
10. The Physiognomy of Adamantius the Sophist, Ian Repath
11. Anonymus Latinus, Book of Physiognomy, Ian Repath
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Polemo, Antonius, -- ca. 88-145. -- Physiognomy.
Physiognomy -- History.